Total Pageviews

3 March 2011

Photo(s) of the day - Thursday 3rd March 2011

Alberto Giacometti was an artist I studied in my early days at school. I think I was fourth form, so that would be aged 13-14.  We were doing a clay based project and I remember being fascinated by the elongated and emaciated figures that Giacometti sought to produce. In terms of artistic representation, he didn't seem too tricky an artist to mimic, allowing for finger and thumb rolling of the clay for the long limbs, and small squashed balls for the heads.  Ten or so years later in life, I found a perfect and much more inspired way to recreate Giacometti's work, in a photo-scape that lent itself to the artist's unique style. 

My interpretation of Giacometti art

True Giacometti art at the Tate

No comments:

Post a Comment