Total Pageviews

21 March 2011

Nyakatakura Orphan Girl


This is a painting I did a few years ago of an orphan girl at Nyakatakura School in Uganda.  She was the youngest and shyest in the group but was happy to just sit surveying everyone else. All the children wore these pink dresses and despite the Equatorial heat, they all had little pink Macs.  I used watercolours to paint this picture once I got back to England, although my inexperience with the medium meant that they came out at a consistency somewhere between watercolours and acrylics! I'm quite happy with the outcome and attempted another in the same style, but unfortunately used the wrong paper so it didn't quite match this one. 

Check out more of my artwork at http://glilyart.deviantart.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog... I really appreciated you sharing some of your thoughts. Also, I really wanted to tell you how amazing your artwork is! That orphan girl is beautiful! I loved looking through some of your other stuff, too... you are really talented! My dad is an artist and I've enjoyed exploring my own artistic abilities, but it's more for fun than anything else... probably because I don't consider myself very good at it (yet, anyway). Anyway, thanks for your comment and for sharing your artwork!

    ReplyDelete